Hull weight: 60 kg
Lenhth: 3.86 m
Beam: 1.45 m
Two person hiking or single trapeze
Can be sailed singlehanded
Ultra tough and low maintenance hull
Safe and simple system
“THE TOPAZ IS A LANDMARK DESIGN OFFERING THE PERFECT COMBINATION OF SIMPLICITY AND THRILLS”
YACHTS & YACHTING
Available in 4 exiting versions
PROBABLY THE MOST VERSATILE SMALL SAILBOAT EVER
- Versatile choice of rig options.
- From beginner to club racer.
- Ideal for young solo beginners.
- Space for two crew.
- Can be set up with one sail or a main and jib.
- Choice of Dacron or Mylar sail.
- Exceptionally stable.
- Easy to handle.
- Very robust, maintenance free TRILAM construction
- WORLD SAILING (ISAF) Learn To Sail Class.
- As used by Sunsail, Mark Warner, Neilson and RYA OnBoard.
- Internationally Award Winning design. BEST Dinghy SAIL Magazine.
VERSATILE AND GREAT FUN TO SAIL
The TOPAZ SYSTEM comes with a choice of rig options so the boat can be set up to suit you. The TOPAZ SYSTEM hull comfortably holds two people of any size (youth and/or adult) so can be sailed singlehanded or as a two person dinghy.
The TOPAZ ‘CLUB’ is the most popular rig option and one of our best sellers. The TOPAZ CLUB offers great value as a simple one or two person boat. It is easy to handle and very robust. This rig option provides a great introduction to sailing as well as being an ideal multi-purpose family dinghy.
The TOPAZ ‘RACE’ rig offers extra performance with the use of a more powerful 6.9m2 fully-battened Mylar mainsail.
The TOPAZ ‘RACE X’ rig is for more experienced sailors featuring the addition of a 9.0m2 asymmetric gennaker. The Yachts and Yachting test concludes that the Race X will deliver “seriously fast sailing for the club sailor right through to a professional sailor. The asymmetric system is simple, easy to use and easy to rig and takes the boat to yet another level only found in boats costing twice the retail price”.
The TOPAZ ‘TRES XT’ rig offers a great introduction to trapeze and asymmetric sailing. The Yachts and Yachting test states “Once the kite is up, the Tres XT fairly shoots away. Reaching performance is truly in the apparent wind sailing league”.
“A BOAT FOR THE 21ST CENTURY. THE TOPAZ IS A TRULY GROUNDBREAKING MULTI PURPOSE SAILING DINGHY. THE TOPAZ IS MODERN STYLISH, AND EASY TO SAIL. A BIG HIT WITH OUR GUESTS”
THE TOPAZ SYSTEM HAS A NUMBER OF FEATURES THAT MAKE HER EXCITING, FUN, ACCESSIBLE, USER FRIENDLY, SAFE, SIMPLE, VERSATILE AND GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY:
- Roomy self draining cockpit holds two people of any size.
- Lightweight, high buoyancy hull suitable for young singlehander up to adult and child.
- Great value one or two person sailboat.
- Unbeatable versatility for a boat at this price point.
- Tried and tested resilient Topper components.
- The TRILAM construction gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, and stiffness.
- The TRILAM construction is incredibly durable and virtually maintenance free.
THE ‘TOPAZ CLUB’ RIG FEATURES:
- Reefable mainsail which allows power to be controlled depending on conditions and user ability.
- Inverted leech making it easier to control for newcomers.
- 2-piece mast and simple rig means the boat is easy to assemble.
- The 1.75m2 jib is bigger than competitors designs offering fun sailing for children and adults alike.
THE ‘TOPAZ RACE’ RIG FEATURES:
- Powerful yet controllable 6.9m2 fully-battened Mylar mainsail and 1.75m2 jib.
THE ‘TOPAZ RACE X’ RIG FEATURES:
- Powerful yet controllable 6.9m2 fully-battened Mylar mainsail, 1.75m2 jib AND full-on 9m2 asymmetric gennaker.
THE ‘TOPAZ TRES XT’ RIG FEATURES:
- Non-tapered sealed mast with a hinged mast foot that can be rigged singlehandedly.
- Big roach, fully battened mainsail and high aspect ratio jib.
- Retracting pole and single-line hoist and drop Gennaker System.
- Optional Trapeze.
- Gnav System and centre mainsheet cascade for added cockpit space.