Hull weight: 160kg
Lenhth: 4.70 m
Beam: 1.88 m
Ultra tough and low maintenance hull
Zip reling mainsail
Safe and simple system
Hassle-free launch and recovery plus extra cockpit space
“A SUPERB BOAT WITH LOADS OF ROOM, REALLY GOOD PERFORMANCE, NICE LOOKS, EXCELLENT SYSTEMS AND FITTINGS AT A VERY GOOD PRICE”
YACHTS & YACHTING
Available in 2 exiting versions
MULTI PURPOSE DINGHY WITH HUGE CAPACITY
The ultimate multi-purpose sailboat (1 to 7 crew)
- Versatile, fast day cruising sailboat/ club racer/ school trainer/ family favourite
- Comfortable carrying capacity for seven adults
- Manageable performance to satisfy even the most demanding sailors
- Very robust, maintenance free TRILAM construction.
- WORLD SAILING (ISAF) Learn To Sail Class
- Voiles et Voiliers Magazine ‘Coup de Coeur’ Winner BEST DINGHY
As used by Sunsail, Mark Warner, Neilson, RYA OnBoard
Omega is just as happy sailed one up, two up or even seven up. The combination of the stability and performance together with reefing and easy control systems mean the Omega is the ultimate multi purpose family sailboat. The attention to detail given to the boat design and the deck layout means the Omega delivers versatility, comfort and performance without compromise. As you’d expect the Omega is ideal for family cruising and teaching newcomers.
The added bonus is that she also offers more experienced sailors impressive performance potential, pedigree handling and high specification throughout. So you can club race or go for an uplifting blast in your Omega too.
The Omega is the largest in the Topper model range. The hull, at 4.7m long, 1.88m wide and with a depth of nearly 1m, has capacity for up to seven crew. The Omega is an incredibly versatile boat that is fantastic fast day cruising sailboat/ club racer/ school trainer/ family favourite.
The beamy, chined hull inspires great confidence making the Omega more stable and easy to control. The huge, spacious cockpit with its gnav kicker offers roomy and comfortable sailing for a large crew.
The Omega has a furling jib as standard and there is the option of a Dacron sail, more suitable for beginner sailors, or Mylar for greater performance.
The mainsail is equipped with a flotation device and this, together with the boat’s sealed mast offers safe, fun family sailing. Righting lines and grab rails are all fitted as standard.
The boat can be sailed single-handedly or depowered using Selden’s simple single-line reefing system in the mainsail.
The single-line halyard makes for easy launch and retrieval of the gennaker which could be operated by beginner sailors.
The boat comes with epoxy centreboard and rudders fit for a high end racing class and all fixtures and fittings are of the highest quality available.
“IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A MODERN SAILBOAT THAT IS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF REPLACING THE CURRENT LEARNING BOATS LIKE THE WAYFARER AND STRATOS – THEN LOOK NO FURTHER THAN THE OMEGA.”
The OMEGA is one of the most successful boats in the Topper model range. It is a fantastic all rounder that everyone can enjoy. The reasons for the popularity of the Omega are that it is so versatile, and it is easy to rig, launch and sail. It is a family sailboat that provides rewarding performance with comfortable and safe capacity for seven family and friends. Customers also appreciate the low levels of maintenance and incredible value for money.
- Great value family, club racing and schools sailboat
- Spacious cockpit comfortably holds up to seven people of any size
- Safe, stable and reassuring hull shape
- Additional built in buoyancy and high freeboard ensure perfect sailing without the boat taking on water
- The lightweight pivoting sandwich centreboard makes for easy, family-friendly sailing
- High boom makes the boat feel comfortable and spacious. Boom is just the right height to clear small children
- Gnav system as standard means the size of the cockpit is even further optimised
- Handy storage compartments in cockpit and transom areas
- Optional outboard bracket and standard storage locker inside the boat
- Single-line reefing mainsail allows power to be controlled depending on conditions and user ability
- The flotation device, fitted at the head of the sail, removes the risk of total capsize
- Furling jib is simple enough for a beginner to use and fitted as standard
- Supremely efficient single-line gennaker system enables effortless launches and recoveries
- Fantatsic control systems are childs play
- Sails are available in Dacron for a beginner sailing family or Mylar for more experienced parents teaching children
- Trapeze kit as optional
- Hinged mast step for easy rigging by just one person
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness and durability
- Lightweight hull is easy to launch and recover
- Carefully designed combi trailer for an easy-life ashore