Hull weight: 110kg
Lenhth: 4.40 m
Beam: 1.85 m
Ultra tough and low maintenance hull
Single line reefing mainsail
Roller reefing jib
Safe and simple system
Hassle-free launch and recovery plus extra cockpit space
“FAST, WELL MANNERED, EASY TO SAIL AND GOOD LOOKING, THIS IS THE KIND OF A BOAT THAT WILL APPEAL TO SAILORS OF ALL AGES AND BACKGROUNDS.”
Available in 4 exiting versions
VERSATILITY WITHOUT COMPROMISE. PERFORMANCE, CONTROL AND COMFORTABLE CAPACITY
- True multi-purpose sailboat (1 to 4 crew)
- Club Trainer/ Club Racer/ Family favourite
- Up to four crew/ Instructor and up to three pupils/ family of four (or two-up)
- High performance with great stability and capacity.
- Very robust, maintenance free TRILAM construction
- WORLD SAILING (ISAF) Learn To Sail Class.
- As used by Mark Warner, Neilson and RYA OnBoard.
- Internationally Award Winning Design. BEST Dinghy SAIL Magazine.
The ARGO is a fourteen foot sailing dinghy designed specifically for club training and family recreational sailing. It has comfortable capacity for up to four adult crew. This could be an instructor and up to three pupils or a family of four. The ARGO is also great sailed two-up or even singlehanded.
The balance between performance, power, responsive handling and stability is spot on for a wide range of sailing abilities while the load capacity, versatility and maintenance free durability of the Argo ticks all the boxes for sailing schools and young families.
As soon as you step aboard you will notice how stable the ARGO sailing platform is. The ARGO has a dynamic, yet forgiving ultra-stable hull shape and an easily controllable rig that isn’t too hairy for less experienced sailors but also has years of progression built in. All-in-all the ARGO is fast and exciting but also easily controllable and well mannered.
The ARGO has a contoured side deck to provide a really comfortable sit-in feel. A high freeboard, deep spacious cockpit and high boom, plus unrivalled stability and a smooth ride mean that the ARGO has a wonderfully reassuring, safe and secure feel.
There is comfortable capacity for up to four crew for instruction or to load up with friends and equipment for a group day out. The single line mainsail reefing system and roller reefing jib mean that the ARGO can easily be depowered dependent on crew and conditions.
“I AM HAPPY TO GIVE THE ARGO A TOP OVERALL SCORE FOR PRICE, PERFORMANCE, DURABILITY, FITTINGS AND USER-FRIENDLINESS. BUT IS IT YOUR KIND OF BOAT? I WOULD RECOMMEND THE ARGO FOR TWO ADULTS OR TEENAGERS UP TO ABOUT 75KG APIECE, WHO MAY LIKE TO SAIL WITH A COUPLE OF CHILDREN.”
YACHTS & YACHTING
The ARGO comes with an exciting asymmetric spinnaker system AND the option of a simpler symmetrical spinnaker system which is ideal for training, for less experienced crews or for certain sailing conditions.
The unrivalled TRILAM construction means the boat will stand up to all the stresses of training and racing and is virtually maintenance free.
The ARGO has safety features such as a mast head float, righting lines and grab rails all fitted as standard. An epoxy centreboard and rudder and the highest specification equipment also all come as standard.
The ARGO is a really versatile sailboat that although designed specifically for club training is a fantastic family recreational sailboat.
It has comfortable capacity for up to four adult crew. This could be an instructor and up to three pupils or a family of four. The ARGO is also great sailed two-up or even singlehanded. It is the staff favourite here at Topper. The really spacious cockpit and high boom and the all important extra WIDE BEAM mean the power is easy to handle and guarantee a comfortable and stable sail.
- Spacious and well equipped cockpit
- High boom for comfort and safety
- Gnav system as standard means the size of the cockpit is even further optimised
- CHINE TECHNOLOGY means the ARGO stays afloat when competitors capsize
- Extra WIDE BEAMY HULL to handle power and guarantee comfort
- Additional built in buoyancy and high freeboard ensure perfect sailing without the boat taking on water or nose diving
- Much admired single-line spinnaker system enables effortless launches and recoveries
- ASYMMETRIC SPINNAKER OR SYMMETRIC SPINNAKER OPTION available
- Fantastic control systems keep things simple and are easy to use
- Roller Reefing Jib
- Hiking boat with Trapeze option ideal for developing trapeze technique
- Epoxy foam filled rudder and centreboard for low-weight and maximum stiffness
- Grab rails and ‘Step On’ righting lines as standard
- Extension righting rope to give greater leverage to smaller sailors
- Stayed mast can be left up in dinghy park for quick rig/ de-rig
- Hinged mast step for easy rigging by just one person
- Carefully designed combi trailer for an easy-life ashore
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness and durability
- Three year hull warranty